The Mass Alliance of HUD Tenants is a tenant-run and tenant-led organization. Our priorities evolve based on needs identified by our tenants.
Current Priorities include:
- Organize tenants to save affordable housing in expiring 40 year mortgage buildings to prevent the loss of affordable homes
- Secure renewals from owners in expiring Section 8 buildings, fighting to keep people in their homes in the face of gentrification
- Winning Enhanced Vouchers for Chapter 13A tenants, who are at risk of losing their homes when this state program ends
- Advocating for new legislative tools that would help save homes
- Connect tenants with HUD to help them advocate for themselves and gain needed policy changes
- Fighting for full-funding for HUD rental housing programs.